Re: Certificate Server

From: S. Pidgorny (slavickp_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 01/15/05

Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 00:27:13 +1100

Windows XP and Windows 2003 both suport 802.1x authentication for wired
Ethernet connections, so do newer Ethernet switches. However, the wired
implementation lacks some features - like enterprise manageability (through
group policy), encryption and packet authentication. I'd recommend using
Ipsec on your local ethernet network.

--
Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MVP, MCSE
-= F1 is the key =-

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/prodtech/win2003/pkiwire/swlan.mspx
> > for complete guidance.
> >
> > Steve Riley
> > steriley@microsoft.co
> >

> > > Is is possiable to use the" wirless authentication via certificate
> > > server" on
> > > the local area network ? i mean can we provide dual authentication
> > > using
> > > certificate server in the Local area network in windows 2003 Domain
> > > network.
> > > if yes then any hints ? how to ?
> > > thanks

Relevant Pages

  • RE: 802.1x, Computers, Wired Security
    ... client to use EAP-TLS. ... Authentication-Provider = Windows ... Wired 802.1X Authentication failed. ... Network Adapter: Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet - Packet Scheduler ...
  • Re: GP Logon Script Fails on Wireless XP Clients
    ... I forgot that this is a Windows XP only setting. ... You could try taking a network trace to see what's going on. ... > Slow network connection timeout for user profiles ... >>What options do you have set on the Authentication Tab ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: PEAP user authentication failed - need help
    ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... I set up a domain controller (Windows Server 2008), ... DHCP, NPS, AD certificate services and created ... authentication), it NEVER asks me to enter user credentials and there ...
  • Re: Transferring files from windows xp to mac os x with an ethernet cable
    ... to network connections on the windows machine it always says that the "1394 Connection" is connected, even when there's no ethernet cable plugged in.. ... i have to use the usb connection to connect my modem to the windows machine; when i connect the same modem to my mac i just use the ethernet jack and it works right away.. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Network isolation: local logins ?
    ... Regarding the local user accounts, in Windows XP and Windows 2003, if the ... secured/isolation network using its configured IPsec-based authentication ... The credentials of the user are not evaluated when determining ... IP extends the core IKE functionality of machine authentication to also ...