Re: Workstation has been locked. Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to unlock

From: Phillip Windell (_at_.)
Date: 01/14/05

Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:54:50 -0600

"Gilbert" <Gilbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E883B13A-A510-4DD4-9654-E15F729DAEC8@microsoft.com...
> Under Computer Configuration -->Security Settings -->Local
Policy-->Security
> Options I changed the Interactive Logon: "Do Not Require CTRL-ALT-DEL"
> Enabled.
> I tried to do it for the Domain Policy and for the Domain Controller
Policy.

Don't screw around with the Default Policies,...leave them alone.

Create New policies,...let them overide the Default Policies.

--
Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
www.wandtv.com

Relevant Pages

  • What gpo for domain controller and where?
    ... Default Domain Policy ... -Security filtering is set for Authenticated users to apply ... When I log in locally to the Domain Controller, no group policies are ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: LDAP service problem
    ... if you have a domain you will have one default domain policy which is ... would turn up ntds logging on your domain controller and look for errors ... This service is essential for the operation of my mail server as it uses ... LDAP since I am not running exchange but an IMAP server. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: Windows Updates and Time
    ... By default you always have a Default domain policy and a Default Domain controller policy. ... Automatic Updates under System properties is completely grayed ... Time service corrected the clock error by 4352 seconds ...
  • Re: Recover from log on locally domain setting
    ... By default user rights are assigned to domain controllers via Domain ... You should be able to logon to a domain controller to change ... the domain policy. ... Controller Security Policy which will allow you to logon to a domain ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • LAN Manager authentication level
    ... this on the domain controller GPO, or the default domain policy? ... I see lots of people editing the account lockout policies on the ... since the accounts really reside on the domain controller? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)