Re: Regarding the new MS AntiSpyware Beta1

From: CarlosAntenna (nunayo_at_binnez.com)
Date: 01/13/05

Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:19:44 -0500

It is being deployed by Windows Update and it's STILL BETA????

Really???

Carlos

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> TechGuyatwork wrote:
> > I want to thank you guys at Microsoft at such a fine product!
> >
> > I love it and it instantly proved it's worth.
> >
> > There is only on thing I do not like about it.
> >
> > Why does it use a third part website to install itself
> > fully?(installengine.com)
> > If this continues and I can not install it on a computer that is
> > never on the internet
> > then very soon I will have to look elsewhere Please fix this issue
> > ASAP!
> >
> > TechGuyatwork.........
>
> It's still a beta. And you do need some way to install updates to it - I
> don't know whether the full release will allow you to update from a file
> rather than from the Internet. You aren't supposed to be using this
software
> in a production environment anyway - it's beta, and be patient! :)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Does anybody know what virus ive got?
    ... > Internet Security after I install it. ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... keep it clean,secure and running at its top performance mark. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Does anybody know what virus ive got?
    ... > Internet Security after I install it. ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... keep it clean,secure and running at its top performance mark. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Does anybody know what virus ive got?
    ... > Internet Security after I install it. ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... I'll mainly work around Windows XP, as that is what the bulk of this ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: old xp home computers
    ... > clean install ....i hope. ... utilities on the Internet for the type of BIOS you have. ... You also have hardware on your machine that requires drivers to interface ...
  • Re: #### Second Request###
    ... >> this page cannot be displayed" Microsoft Internet explorer...This ... > Empty your Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files and make sure the ... > have to be the built-in Windows Firewall of Windows XP. ... > install a third-party application and configure/maintain it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)