Please help removing "W32/VirTool.AQ"

From: Rob Levesque (Levesque_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/13/05

Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 06:41:12 -0800

Hello,

My antivirus software is continuously detecting infected files by this virus
and deleting them but I can't find the virus' origin to delet it. Any
suggestions? I'm running Freedom AntiVirus (comes with Bell Sympatico) and
Spyware Doctor. It's getting pretty irritating

Relevant Pages

  • Re: HELP ON XP RE-INSTALLATION...
    ... > IF I REINSTALL XP ON MY COMPUTER HELP IF I HAVE A VIRUS THAT I CANT ... Don't have an AntiVirus software? ... There are more applications you may need to run to completely clean your ... It will probably save you time and effort in re-installing Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: RE-INSTALLING XP
    ... > IF I REINSTALL XP ON MY COMPUTER HELP IF I HAVE A VIRUS THAT I CANT ... Don't have an AntiVirus software? ... There are more applications you may need to run to completely clean your ... It will probably save you time and effort in re-installing Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: OE6s *.dbx files cached somewhere in Win2000 environment?
    ... Maintenance | Store Folder. ... > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ... Because of this tendency of attachments to infect, ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ...
  • Answers to frequently asked questions - 17SEP03
    ... I have this mystery re trying to install Norton ... Internet Security 2003 on my XP Pro. ... > specific virus, please tell us what it's name is! ... > date with antivirus software and more importantly ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Answers to frequently asked questions - 06SEP03
    ... specific virus, please tell us what it's name is! ... date with antivirus software and more importantly ... takes advantage of a security flaw in Windows 2000 ... Most antivirus software is designed to prevent infection ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)