MS AntiSpyware Users: If you have firewall problem after a scan, r

From: Jim (Jim_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/13/05

Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:41:02 -0800

Hello,

MS AntiSpyware is not responsible for disabling your firewall, this is done
due to Adware that was removed from your system (which is good), and now your
firewall is showing disabled, as those warnings were not given to you while
the adware was installed.

If you have this problem, one of these two solutions sould fix it:
Click on Start then Run --> cmd.exe
and then, in the command prompt, type:

netsh.exe winsock reset

and hit Enter

If that doesn't cut it, try this winsock fix availiable at:

Hope that helps

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to allow client to disable firewall on XP/sp2 machine
    ... secondary sessions across a wide range of ports. ... If the laptop is on the LAN with ISA, you be able to configure ... firewall exceptions both on the client but more preferably on the ISA server. ... completely disabling it, it'll be a fair amount of work to allow disabling ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Baseline script (disable services etc.)
    ... > If anyone could give me any tips (as to turning on the ICF and disabling ... Disabling of services: ... Connection Firewall on a connection, ... Note that when using the EnableInternetFirewall/DisableInternetFirewall ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Reasons why Internet stops working
    ... Disable your anti-virus application, all Norton Add-ons, any real-time protection provided by an anti-spyware application, disable any third-party firewall AND THEN enable the Windows Firewall. ... If you're running ZA Free firewall, you may need to uninstall it instead of disabling it. ... via Add/Remove Programs (make sure Show Updates box is checked at top right) and reboot. ... One approach would be to discuss what enables, and disables, my access to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Javaxcript Problems
    ... which one by selectively disabling them by running IE in regular mode ... Tools | Manage Add-ons | Enable or Disable Add-ons... ... Webroot Firewall, I would disable the Windows Firewall. ...
  • Re: OE Send/Recieve Broken - NOT firewall/av-related
    ... A PST file is Outlook data, ... To avoid damage to users' stores: ... >> PLEASE don't point me to AV/Firewall disabling instructions. ... >> client installed and no third party firewall. ...