What is the skq.exe process?? virus ?? hacker??

From: bramblewood (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/07/05

Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 08:57:43 -0800

I also have this virus
- a \windows\system32\skq dir also a \windows\kings and
queens of software dir - it is undoubtely a new virus - it
replaces windows system files and creates lots of dir in
the root of c: named skq-?????????. To solve my problem I
booted in safe mode command prompt and deleted the skq
dir - this seemed to stop the activity - but I am sure
there are other dirs and registry entries - I hope that
this virus is found soon. By the way I have uptodate anti-
virus (AVG) and spyware as well - they found nothing.
Good Luck

running in background and
>chewed up about 70gb of my harddrive space in one week -
it is located in a
>hidden folder in the system32 directory and was creating
monster files with
>names like 94.74603.sys- I deleted all the files and the
program from the skq
>directroy but was wondering if anyone knows what this is -
 thanks worried
>about hacker- -i am running xp homne on a dell desktop
>.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: What is the skq.exe process?? virus ?? hacker??
    ... "bramblewood" wrote: ... > booted in safe mode command prompt and deleted the skq ... > this virus is found soon. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: What is the skq.exe process?? virus ?? hacker??
    ... > just checked and pandasoft has discovered our virus will post more ... >> replaces windows system files and creates lots of dir in ... >> booted in safe mode command prompt and deleted the skq ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Cannot delete <Filename>.dll error on a virus infected file
    ... I just started getting a warning from Norton AntiVirus that a file named ... "rgYrg.dll" the the system32 directory is infected with the Download.Trojan ... virus. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: "Cannot find the file rundll32.exe" problem
    ... virus check and cleanup. ... cache and copied into the system32 directory .. ... >The first link below explains the exact problem but is ... >> Has anyone found a solution to this error message? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • SP1 error
    ... Spider.exe is actually a MS application resident in the ... system32 directory, although I am not sure what it does, ... the system has been virus checked and comes up clean. ...