Re: MS AntiSpywareBeta.exe Windows Installer Service could not be accessed

From: Charlie Hauper (HauperC_at_DELETETHIS.net)
Date: 01/07/05

Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 07:35:58 GMT

In article <mQqDd.11043$by5.6395@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com>, "Novena
di'Domina" <novenad@privata.com> wrote:
> Disable unnecessary services to free system resources
> 4.. Jjust right click on "My Computer" and press "manage".
> 5.. This will bring up the Windows XP "Computer Management" program.
> 6.. Near the bottom of the left pane, click on "Services & Applications".
> 7.. Then click on "Services".

Do NOT use "msconfig" to disable services!
Instead type "services.msc".

For a better list of unnecessary Windows XP services to disable
http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm in a table titled

PC World publishes a list of unnecessary services to disable
http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,111121,00.asp
in an article titled "Windows Tips: Supercharge Windows by Paring Unneeded
Services."

PC World also publishes "Five Steps to a Leaner Cleaner Windows"
http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,112039,00.asp
which shows the dozens of unnecessary Windows XP services to disable.