Re: some files names are now blue

From: Lance (lltbhill_at_link_earth.net)
Date: 01/04/05

Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 08:40:39 -0800

The blue means the files have been encrypted or compressed by Windows.

Open My Computer, click on Tools, then Folder Options. click on the View
tab. Scroll down and you'll see "Show encrypted or compressed NTFS files
in color."

Lance
*****

wondering said the following on 1/4/2005 6:23 AM:
> I was just going through some of my document files and noticed that some
> (many) of the files names are now blue instead of the usual black color. I
> mean these file names are not like links on websites where they're supposed
> to change color when you click on them to let you know you've already clicked
> on that link. What does this blue color mean? Have these files been
> compromised?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cannot Find NTFS Permissions in Windows XP
    ... Simple File Sharing is hard wired in windows XP Home. ... > Security tab can be turned on by going to Control Panel - ... I found Folder Options, ...
  • Re: Tool Tips Hidden Behind Task Bar
    ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ... Desktop Tab then click Customize Desktop. ... On the Effects window be ... 2- In the Control Panel click Tools>> Folder Options then click on View ...
  • Re: How to scroll to text box when keyboard is displayed
    ... you want to tab to the next text box or move the text in a given text ... Windows on Windows CE work basically just like they do on the desktop ... use the Down arrow to scroll). ... keyboard when the focused object is a textbox. ...
  • Re: Sharing and Security Gone ???
    ... I tried "click TOOLS> FOLDER OPTIONS> go to the VIEW tab ... which version of windows are you using? ... context menu will not appear if you have simple file sharing enabled. ... If XP Pro, in any window, click TOOLS> FOLDER OPTIONS> go to the VIEW ...
  • Re: Viewing email photos
    ... Click on the tab File type, after you click on Folder Options. ... Scroll down the file to JPG ... The default is Windows Pictures and FAX viewer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)