Re: Have all the Email systems of the world been broken by ISP's SPAM filters?

From: Jupiter Jones [MVP] (jones_jupiter_at_hotnomail.com)
Date: 01/02/05

Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 20:26:10 -0700

Since your ISP is doing it, what did they say when you asked them about it?

--
Jupiter Jones  [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
"BeamGuy" <nobody@spam.com> wrote in message
>I am sitting here in this new year trying to figure out how on earth I am
>supposed to send email to my in-laws this year. Their
> email stopped working a few weeks back when their ISP installed a new SPAM
> filter. Now it is fixed... but only 2/5 of my test
> messages get through.
>
> Searching Google I find that they are not alone. There are not only ample
> complaints about their own tiny ISP.
>
> And their ISP is not alone either. Several months back a friend had to
> give up sending mail to my home DSL account because her
> messages were bouncing... - Google has huge numbers of complaints about my
> own Verizon DSL provider as well.
>
> Here is my matrix of what does not work.
>
> Verizon.net CANNOT send mail to worldkey.net
> axcelis.com CANNOT send mail to worldkey.net
> princeton.edu CANNOT send mail to worldkey.net
> netzero.com CAN send mail to worldkey.net
> samus.securehbs.com CAN send mail to worldkey.net
>
> worldkey.net CANNOT send mail to verizon.net
> worldkey.net CAN send mail to samus.securehbs.com
> worldkey.net  CAN send mail to princeton.edu
> worldkey.net CAN send mail to netzero.net
> worldkey.net CAN send mail to axcelis.com
>
> comcast.net sometimes CANNOT send mail to verizon.net
> verizon.net CAN send mail to comcast.net
>
> samus.securehbs.com CANNOT send mail to godaddy.com for forwarding
> either... In this case they were nice
> enough to send back this response:
> "smtp.secureserver.net [64.202.166.12]: 553 69.93.45.234 rejected due to
> spam, contact 480-505-8877  (Attack detected)"
>

> -------------
>
> It is not my job to fill in the rest of the matrix. It looks like as many
> as 50% of the relays
> from one mail to another mail server are broken! Please tell me this is
> not happening.
> I make a living making parts for computers.... if you guys in the interest
> of security break
> everyone's confidence that email will get through... well everyone will
> switch back to
> paper mail and leave all of us with rusty expensive toys that no one uses
> anymore!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OT - to whom it may concern
    ... if Inger was having any success at what she claimed ... the UseNet when I don't use their ISP to post? ... go on, but to be frank, sending complaints to a institutions IT- ... fruitloop crap I don't use their NNTP server same goes for google, ...
    (sci.archaeology)
  • Re: OT - to whom it may concern
    ... if Inger was having any success at what she claimed ... the UseNet when I don't use their ISP to post? ... go on, but to be frank, sending complaints to a institutions IT- ... fruitloop crap I don't use their NNTP server same goes for google, ...
    (sci.archaeology)
  • Have all the Email systems of the world been broken by ISPs SPAM filters?
    ... Searching Google I find that they are not alone. ... There are not only ample complaints about their own tiny ISP. ... Several months back a friend had to give up sending mail to my home DSL account because her ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Have all the Email systems of the world been broken by ISPs SPAM filters?
    ... Try appending the subjects of your messages with [Filters Off] ... > working a few weeks back when their ISP installed a new SPAM filter. ... > give up sending mail to my home DSL account because her messages were ... - Google has huge numbers of complaints about my own Verizon ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: The Neolithic/Mesolithic Boundary(4) Climatic Instability Gives way to Stability
    ... Seppo made a major mistake, he was sending complaints to ... in which I wasn't even using the ISP as I was at home writing two ... gets in a free and open forum like the UseNet. ...
    (sci.archaeology)