Have all the Email systems of the world been broken by ISP's SPAM filters?

From: BeamGuy (nobody_at_spam.com)
Date: 01/02/05

Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 22:13:38 -0500

I am sitting here in this new year trying to figure out how on earth I am supposed to send email to my in-laws this year. Their
email stopped working a few weeks back when their ISP installed a new SPAM filter. Now it is fixed... but only 2/5 of my test
messages get through.

Searching Google I find that they are not alone. There are not only ample complaints about their own tiny ISP.

And their ISP is not alone either. Several months back a friend had to give up sending mail to my home DSL account because her
messages were bouncing... - Google has huge numbers of complaints about my own Verizon DSL provider as well.

Here is my matrix of what does not work.

Verizon.net CANNOT send mail to worldkey.net
axcelis.com CANNOT send mail to worldkey.net
princeton.edu CANNOT send mail to worldkey.net
netzero.com CAN send mail to worldkey.net
samus.securehbs.com CAN send mail to worldkey.net

worldkey.net CANNOT send mail to verizon.net
worldkey.net CAN send mail to samus.securehbs.com
worldkey.net CAN send mail to princeton.edu
worldkey.net CAN send mail to netzero.net
worldkey.net CAN send mail to axcelis.com

comcast.net sometimes CANNOT send mail to verizon.net
verizon.net CAN send mail to comcast.net

samus.securehbs.com CANNOT send mail to godaddy.com for forwarding either... In this case they were nice
enough to send back this response:
"smtp.secureserver.net [64.202.166.12]: 553 69.93.45.234 rejected due to spam, contact 480-505-8877 (Attack detected)"

-------------

It is not my job to fill in the rest of the matrix. It looks like as many as 50% of the relays
from one mail to another mail server are broken! Please tell me this is not happening.
I make a living making parts for computers.... if you guys in the interest of security break
everyone's confidence that email will get through... well everyone will switch back to
paper mail and leave all of us with rusty expensive toys that no one uses anymore!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Have all the Email systems of the world been broken by ISPs SPAM filters?
    ... Since your ISP is doing it, what did they say when you asked them about it? ... > Searching Google I find that they are not alone. ... > complaints about their own tiny ISP. ... > give up sending mail to my home DSL account because her ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: error message Ox800ccc92 log in
    ... press Send & Receive from the main Outlook Inbox page. ... Looking at the Forum pages for my ISP lots of others are receiving the same ... and on other webmail to outlook examples for different ISPs, ... anything - but to let you know, you are not alone. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Have all the Email systems of the world been broken by ISPs SPAM filters?
    ... >Searching Google I find that they are not alone. ... There are not only ample complaints about their own tiny ISP. ... Several months back a friend had to give up sending mail to my home DSL account because her ... your business, you really should geta web host with an email account ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Massive increase of spam on debian-*@l.d.o
    ... > You, and you alone, are the one who let it get that bad to start with. ... postmaster for a small ISP, nailing a few spammers, the months I did use ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: 1 year done
    ... rarely posting from the same IP twice. ... Let alone the same ISP. ...
    (misc.transport.trucking)