Security threat - Unable to update Windows XP

From: DENNIS 007 (DENNIS007_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 12/28/04

Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:15:02 -0800

Since Dec 3 I have not been able to update Windows XP Home. As a result there
are 7 High Priority Updates that have not been added to my computer.

When the computer trys to do an automatic update it fails with the error
code 80244017. When I try to update from the windows update website it fails
with erroer code 80072F78.

Please help as my computer is not protected from the issues addressed by the
7 updates.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: windows update 3.1 failure
    ... I have been unable to update windows via the windows ... It tries to install the newest updating software, but fails. ... I have tried to manually install it in safe mode, ... upgrade CD to upgrade to XPPro. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Error 0x80004005
    ... I am trying to update Windows XP machine. ... updating, it fails. ... controls have been enabled. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Cannot access Windows Update Page
    ... every time i try to update windows, the link to the update page fails to load ... and i get the "page cannot be displayed error". ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • windows update log shows error 0x80070017 when install 2k sp489186
    ... I wonder if anyone knows why it fails? ... I'm trying to update windows by using automatic updates, ... Web site ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)