Re: File version check built-in Microsoft security patches/Service Pac

From: Roger Abell [MVP] (mvpNoSpam_at_asu.edu)
Date: 12/17/04

    Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:46:02 -0700

    "Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" <Torgeir.Bakken-spam@hydro.com> wrote in message
    news:eRh1Zn74EHA.3244@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > frisak wrote:
    >
    >> We are planning to deploy SP 4 for windows 2000 to our clients. What will
    >> happen with the post-sp4 security patches that have been deployed this
    >> last year? Will they be overwritten by sp4
    >
    > No.
    >
    >> or is there an intelligent file version check built-in, so that the
    >> newest files are left untouched by sp4 installation?
    >
    > Yes.
    >
    >> Or do we have to reinstall all post-sp4 sec patches after installing sp4?
    >
    > No.

    and to verify one may of course simply visit Windows Update
    after the upgrade

    --
    Roger

    • Re: Service Pack question
      ... That shouldn't stop Microsoft from listing SP4 together with all the ... -- torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
    • Re: ADO OpenSchema( adSchemaPrimaryKeys , ...)
      ... Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote: ... I'll test SP4. ... my app is a commercial app that runs ...
      (microsoft.public.data.ado)
    • Re: Bitte Testen: Ă„nderungen verfolgen
      ... Helmut Weber, MVP ... Word 2002, Windows 2000, SP4 ...
      (microsoft.public.de.word.vba)
    • Re: Windows Messenger to my Win 2000 PC
      ... since I don't want to install the requirements for the last version? ... As for SP4, it is required for all versions of WM to run on Win2000. ... FAQ Messenger & Netmeeting: http://www.uni-essen.de/kitt/faq-nm.htm Tschuess, regards, salut, Thomas Bliesener, MVP http://tinyurl.com/rqed ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)
    • RE: Windows 2000 SP4 instalation
      ... The biggest reason why I want to perform the upgrade to SP4 is because I want ... > "Although Microsoft has a high degree of confidence in this service pack, ... This server cannot stop or else I'll get fired. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.general)