Re: File version check built-in Microsoft security patches/Service Pac

From: Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\) (Torgeir.Bakken-spam_at_hydro.com)
Date: 12/16/04

Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:54:24 +0100

frisak wrote:

> We are planning to deploy SP 4 for windows 2000 to our clients. What will
> happen with the post-sp4 security patches that have been deployed this last
> year? Will they be overwritten by sp4

No.

> or is there an intelligent file version
> check built-in, so that the newest files are left untouched by sp4
> installation?

Yes.

> Or do we have to reinstall all post-sp4 sec patches after
> installing sp4?

No.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

  • Re: Service Pack Install Script
    ... I'm using a script to deploy windows 2000 sp4 to a number of computers on an nt4 domain by copying ... Is there a way of getting the return value of the installation rather than of the install.cmd? ... torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.mspx. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Joining Windows 2000 Machines to NT4 Domain
    ... Windows 2000 SP4 Support Tools ... following Microsoft FTP site: ... self extracting zip file file: ... -- torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: ...
  • Re: Cant install service pack3.
    ... end up not installing any service pack ever;-) ... For most computers, a SP install will go well, but of course, some ... We have installed SP4 on thousands of computers, ... Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: W2K SP4 Hosed our PC - Need Help !!!
    ... end up not installing any service pack ever;-) ... For most computers, a SP install will go well, but of course, some ... We have installed SP4 on thousands of computers, ... Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Service Pack question
    ... That shouldn't stop Microsoft from listing SP4 together with all the ... -- torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)