Network connections

From: Tom (Tom_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/26/04

    Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 19:59:04 -0800

    Don't understand? Went to 'network connections'. Found 6 versions of AOL
     (aol, 2, 3, 4, 5). All versions :"Disconnected, Firewalled
    conextant......." AOL 5 was checked. What do I do with the other versions/
     Went to aol 5 Change Settings >Systems>'read firewall protected'?? What
    gives? Why isn't aol 9 listed, the one I am running. What do I do with the
    others?
    xp 2002. Still 'SP 1'
    AOL 7 & 9 are listed in Start> All programs??

    • Re: Cant enable XP firewall protection for dial-up connection
      ... > I have AOL as my server and when I try to enable my xp ... > firewall it won't let me select change settings of this ...
    • Unable to turn off XP internet firewall
      ... I right click AOL in Network Connections and ... install Norton Internet Security 2004. ... previous post here said that AOL disables the option. ... that AOL doesn't allow the firewall to be turned on in the ...
    • Xp built in firewall
      ... How do i enable the windows xp firewall to work with AOL ... On network connections, there is a Aol-Dial-On- ...
    • Firewall
      ... feature in Network Connections. ... The icon states that AOL ...
    • Windows XP Internet Connection Firewall and AOL
      ... >Windows XP Home Edition and also AOL. ... >screen to set up the Internet Connection Firewall? ... Go to Network Connections, ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)