Re: Install USB memory Stick

From: S. Pidgorny (slavickp_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 11/15/04

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:48:11 +1100

I'm very unsure about the vendor by vendor bit. In W2K and up the devices
seem to share the driver - USB Mass Storage Device (usbstor.sys). Enabling
the device with Zenworks should be easy - you're looking into a reverse of
disabling (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823732)... It looks like you
need to install a driver using a .inf file which is already in
%systemroot%\inf\ - that can probably be scripted?

Good luck

--
Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MVP, MCSE
-= F1 is the key =-
"veherman" <veherman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I'am surprised about the reaction on my question. As mentioned in one of
the
> reply's, only administrator can install the memory stick. So, because
there
> is no sulution right now, i will include the new memory sticks in my
image.
> That's a hell of a job. (even with zenworks it will take a lot of time,
> vendor by vendor....)
>
> Thanks all of you
>
> Herman

Relevant Pages

  • FreeBSD 6.1-PREREALEASE , Xorg 6.9
    ... Maybe the support for this Saphire ATI X300 in radeon driver is broken. ... vendor = 'Intel Corporation' ... # the way multiple screens are organised. ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • ath5k driver for PCI Wireless cards (Ubuntu 9.10) - system locks
    ... My problem is that if I modprobe this driver, ... vendor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. ... capabilities: fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr pae ... bus info: pci@0000:00:00.0 ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: "Error 5: Access is denied" when installing via. Hardware Wizard
    ... Does the vendor have a removal tool, or details of what/where to remove to ... Are you able to cancel the hw wizard, and manually install from the cd? ... > reinstall the driver, ... > #I060 Set selected driver. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • [opensuse] Problem Booting XEN
    ... Base Memory: 636 kB ... Hardware Class: system ... Driver Status: thermal,fan are active ... Vendor: pci 0x8086 "Intel Corporation" ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Is CLI valid for applications in Windows?
    ... > boards in the VMEbus are memory mapped. ... Perhaps an plea to the vendor is in order. ... Alternatively, you *can* write a new driver to perform this function, ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)