Re: Free adware removal products for Win95

From: Stan (sorry_at_noname.com)
Date: 11/09/04

Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 18:10:42 -0500

Here are some possible work-arounds for AdAware SE:
http://www.computing.net/windows95/wwwboard/forum/161357.html

And see this page for Spybot S&D:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/11.html

--
Stan
"If it ain't broke don't fix it"
"Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of any free adware removal products for Win95? (I know, I
> know...but we are a non-profit agency, and every penny counts!)  We have a
> computer that is badly infected, but I can only get Spyware Blaster to
work
> in it.  Adaware doesn't even load, and Spybot S&D states on the website
that
> you need at least Win98. Thanks for any help!

Relevant Pages

  • RE: New Trojan?
    ... Spybot 1.3 and AdAware 6. ... does he remember if he used IE6 or Firefox. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: "Only the Best" popup ads
    ... Be sure to run both SpyBot and Adaware, ... HOLD, download the programs to that folder, then burn that folder to a CD. ... HiJackThis: - Free ...
  • RE: Anti-spyware Beta from Microsoft available
    ... Running the default scan in Spybot and Adaware runs in the context of the ... Running the full scan, at least in Adaware, does not check current running ... Anti-spyware Beta from Microsoft available ... different spyware products. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: All messages text disappeared, but headlines remain
    ... AdAware: ... SpyBot S & D: ... CWShredder & HijackThis: ... >> Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem? ...
  • Re: use default button hijacked
    ... anti-spyware software will work as i had already run Pest Patrol & it didn't ... SpyBot and AdAware have different definitions as they look for different ... > doesn't fix it completely because if i let srvhost.exe run again it will ...