Re: Spy Bot results and solution please

From: PA Bear (PABear_at_mvps.org)
Date: 10/31/04

Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 16:40:43 -0500

That's a bug in Spybot. As long as DSO Exploits end in W=3, you can ignore
them (or configure Spybot to ignore them).

Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
   http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/Darnit.htm

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)
guavachiffon wrote:
> Spybot gave me this results but I can't get rid of it. How serious is this
> and please help me. I have 5 of this msg.
>
> DSO Exploit: Data Source object exploit(Registry change, nothing done)
> HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-826272795-3336041583-2537417201-1007\software\
> Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings|Zones\0\1004!=W=3
>
> DSO Exploit: Data Source object exploit(Registry change, nothing done)
> HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
> Settings|Zones\0\1004!=W=3

Relevant Pages

  • Re: DSO Exploit glitch in Spybot?
    ... Basically what's happening is that Spybot is finding that the security setting ... it's the DSO EXPLOIT reg-entry part at the bottom ... Data source object exploit (Registry change, ...
  • Re: DSO Exploit glitch in Spybot?
    ... the makers of Spybot will soon fix this bug. ... Ignore Products> Security> DSO Exploit, to turn off the false alarm. ... Data source object exploit (Registry change, ...
  • RE: DSO exploit question
    ... When I run spybot a highlighted in red a problem listed ... > service pack 2 on it last week and I am still getting this DSO error when I ... Data source object exploit (Registry change, ...
  • DSO exploit question
    ... When I run spybot a highlighted in red a problem listed ... service pack 2 on it last week and I am still getting this DSO error when I ... Data source object exploit (Registry change, ...
  • Re: IEXPLORE.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows
    ... If you have been installing updates for Windows and IE, you can have Spybot ... Do a google search for +spybot +dso +exploit. ... > My operating software is Windows 2000 Professional ...