Re: XP Computer disappears from network

From: Scott Harding - MS MVP (scrockel_at_**NO_SPAM**hotmail.com)
Date: 10/29/04

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:05:38 -0700

Sorry, I read your post and it appears you don't have Sp2 so disreagrd my
suggestion :)

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+
"Scott Harding - MS MVP" <scrockel@**NO_SPAM**hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If this is Sp2 make sure the Firewall Service is disabled not just through
> the Security Center in Control Panel.
>
> --
> Scott Harding
> MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+
> Microsoft MVP - Windows NT Server

> > Don't forget the online scanners I provided, if you can.
> >
> > Dave
> >

> > "JP" <NO_SPAM_PLEASE_pangjo@netzero.com> wrote in message
> > | Thanks, David.  I have already used the Adaware SE.  But will try the
> Trend
> > | solution.  By the way, I have left out a few things which I have
> checked:
> > |
> > | 1.  Windows Firewall is DISABLED - there is no reason for ICMP echo
> being
> > | blocked.
> > | 2.  TCP/IP filtering is not eanabled - should permit all machines to
> access
> > | all of its ports.
> > |
> > | I will focus more on the possibilities of being infected by malicious
> > | software.
> > |
> > | Cheers,
> > |
> > | Joe
> > |

> > | "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Workgroup server to domain
    ... Microsoft MVP - Windows NT Server ... >>may have to add permissions for domain users to access ... >>Scott Harding ... >>Microsoft MVP - Windows NT Server ...
  • Re: shut down/restart
    ... Scott Harding ... Microsoft MVP - Windows NT Server ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup)
  • Re: Windows NT 4.0 BDC Upgrade
    ... >>Moving workstations and member servers are not a problem. ... >>Scott Harding ... >>Microsoft MVP - Windows NT Server ...
  • Re: Active Directory/HIPPA Question
    ... >> Scott Harding ... >> Microsoft MVP - Windows NT Server ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: require client certificates SSL
    ... Microsoft MVP - Windows Security ... CA server. ... Implementing and Administering Certificate Templates in Windows Server ...