Printer Sharing Blocked after Service Pack 2 install and modificat

From: marvintv (marvintv_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/26/04

    Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:31:01 -0700

    just today i found a workaround for a host/client application for a problem
    that was created by service pack 2. the app now works however after
    completing the steps in the howto provided by the software company i am now
    unable to access network printers. printers can be accessed from
    workstations that they are connected to printers directly but not across the
    network. network computers are "unable to connect" any help on this
    situation would be greatly appreciated.

    the workaround can be found at:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/faxprod.nsf/a74513c210251d318525688d004c147a/4f9c6930e0e9d44a88256ed60066cf36?OpenDocument&prod=&ver=&pcode=&src=&miniver=&tpre=&prev=&dtype=&prod=WinFax%20PRO&ver=10.02%20for%20Windows%202000/NT/Me/98/XP&src=sg&pcode=winfax&svy=&csm=no

    thx
    Ken

    ps. i could not find a group dedicated to service pack 2. if this thread
    could be better located pls let me know. this is my first post at a microsoft
    newsgroup.

    • WorkGroup issues
      ... Hi anyone know this one, we have three pc's, two network ... no problem and can share files, printers etc.The third ... "The user has not been granted the requested logon ... Service pack 2 however is on the pc..... ...
    • Re: Network printers not available after installation of SP2
      ... How To Remotely administer a printer through a network share when you use ... XP with Service Pack 2 in a Workgroup Environment ... How To Configure the Windows Firewall feature in Windows XP Service Pack 2 ... my network printers are no longer ...
    • RE: Slow Response
      ... queries for each remembered connection to a remote network drive. ... obtain the latest service pack for Microsoft ... contact Microsoft Product Support ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server)
    • Re: There are no logon servers available to service the logon requ
      ... Service Pack 3 - Fully Up to Date... ... I can connect from the Home PC to the Work Laptop File Share when the Home ... PC is connected to the Work Network via VPN (the Laptop is still at work ...
    • Re: Roaming profiles dont load on workstations
      ... Service Pack 2 changes many things on the network part. ... You may experience network-related problems after you install Windows Server 2003 SP2 or the Scalable Networking Pack ... You should never install a service pack in a production system without testing before on test environnement.... ... > profile is loaded for the user. ...