How secure is windows 3.11?

From: Litch (Litch_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/26/04

Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:25:11 -0700

As in, will hackers even bother to hack it? Cause I recently came across an
allmost new copy of windows 3.11 and I just want to run it for sevral months
for old time sake (was stuck on 2 486's for 8 years) and I just wanted to
know if hackers would bother with it. I actually like the old setup compared
to the new set up of XP. So uh.. ya, how secure is windows 3.11

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How secure is windows 3.11?
    ... >allmost new copy of windows 3.11 and I just want to run it for sevral months ... >know if hackers would bother with it. ... Well, Win 3,11 wasn't to bad with using programs most users nowadays ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Is your system Hacked/Owned
    ... > There are a number of ways to tell if your Windows system is hacked. ... > Select Start, Control Panel, Network, and if you see two ... > have found the hackers love to install a bunch of their crap here. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: OS X "Security" myths
    ... I already knew that Windows is not the most secure OS around. ... most serious hackers use Unix systems to do their dirty-work themselves. ... makes absolutely no sense at all to think that OS X is "not exactly like other Unixes" as if it is somehow superior to other Unixes, when you claim at the same time that it is EXACTLY like other Unixes. ... Some systems might take longer than others, but all systems are eventually breakable to hackers determined to get in. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Hacked
    ... There are a number of ways to tell if your Windows system is hacked. ... NNTP, SMTP SERVER AND USING ONE ISP AND A MODEM, HERE ARE A FEW TIPS. ... have found the hackers love to install a bunch of their crap here. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Virtual Private Network - Beware its a Hackers Secret
    ... I don't think I've ever been on a Windows platform. ... > checked for open ports. ... since hackers love to install a bunch of their crap here. ... > Server, NNTP Server, SMTP Server, Web Server, SQL Server and a Virtual ...
    (alt.computer.security)