Re: Does any website have a list of malicious software?

From: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] (lanwench_at_heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com)
Date: 10/24/04

Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 17:09:33 -0400

Greg R wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 13:22:00 -0500, "Shenan Stanley"
> <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Greg R wrote:
>>> Does any website have a list of malicious software?
>>
>> That would be a broad list..
>>
>> Want to be more specific?
>>
>> --
>> <- Shenan ->
>
> I was just hoping someone would have a website.
> That list all programs that may have spyware, viruses, or ad aware or
> trojans, e.t.c. in them.

Can't imagine there is any such all-encompassing list. Even if there were,
it would be outdated very quickly.
There are some aps I know to avoid: Hotbar, Weatherbug, Gator....Real
Player, but if you run anti-spyware/malware tools after installing it you
may be OK, and don't let Real do any autoupdates. There are just too many
other possibilities to list. The best thing you can do is just secure your
computer & browser as much as possible, install only reputable software you
need, etc....

> Greg R

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Need help with enabling a check box and allowing changes
    ... copying and pasting should not be required. ... Greg provides a link to his tutorial on "Installing and Using Global Addins." ... Or, if you're using the provided VBA code instead, see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm for instructions on installing it. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: HP3000 spoolfile to PDF conversion tool *URGENT*
    ... I agree with Greg about installing gcc. ... We are using several OSS applications on ... To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * ...
    (comp.sys.hp.mpe)
  • Downgrading to LM 2 group PID
    ... After a few years of running a 4group LM in the shop I finally got around to installing a PID on an unused LM 2group I have recently rebuilt. ... I'll go with Greg Scace's settings and the first shot I'll hoist to Greg, John Murphey, Barry and the others who pioneered this geeky, goofy, over-the-top idea. ... I fully expect someday to walk into a coffee bar somewhere in the midwest and see Scace and Jarrett watching data runs on a 60-inch plasma display mounted on the wall with full color graphs of their latest espresso machine hotrod. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Fedora Core 1 - up2date: BEWARE
    ... Greg wrote: ... > ALL the installed Perl modules were gone!!! ... Installing from CPAN fails because it says that they ... In the past, rpm upgrades always saved your original configs, adding ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: Fedora Core 1 - up2date: BEWARE
    ... Greg wrote: ... > ALL the installed Perl modules were gone!!! ... Installing from CPAN fails because it says that they ... In the past, rpm upgrades always saved your original configs, adding ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)