Re: Does any website have a list of malicious software?

From: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] (lanwench_at_heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com)
Date: 10/24/04

Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 17:09:33 -0400

Greg R wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 13:22:00 -0500, "Shenan Stanley"
> <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Greg R wrote:
>>> Does any website have a list of malicious software?
>>
>> That would be a broad list..
>>
>> Want to be more specific?
>>
>> --
>> <- Shenan ->
>
> I was just hoping someone would have a website.
> That list all programs that may have spyware, viruses, or ad aware or
> trojans, e.t.c. in them.

Can't imagine there is any such all-encompassing list. Even if there were,
it would be outdated very quickly.
There are some aps I know to avoid: Hotbar, Weatherbug, Gator....Real
Player, but if you run anti-spyware/malware tools after installing it you
may be OK, and don't let Real do any autoupdates. There are just too many
other possibilities to list. The best thing you can do is just secure your
computer & browser as much as possible, install only reputable software you
need, etc....