Re: Remote Desktop Administration in Windows XP Has a Bug!

From: Jacker (Jacker_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/20/04

Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 04:59:03 -0700

Apparently this is a common problem and several of us are having the same
difficulties. All with different gear. VPN connection provided by 3rd party
works ok but we are still investigating this issue.

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Rock Perry wrote:
> > I am able to use the Remote Desktop Login to gain access to my
> > computer from over the internet. I use NO-IP.com to re-direct my
> > dynamic IP address to a server and I have installed Windows XP
> > Professional SP2. I have a DSL Modem, Wireless Cable/DSL router, and
> > PC-Cillin Antivirus. The Firewall is enabled on the router and on the
> > Windows Firewall and I have 2 subnet addresses. The Modem is set for
> > NAT to port forward 3389 and the router has an UDP/TCP accepted open
> > port on 3389. The Windows firewall has accepted and allowed me to use
> > the remote desktop login and has also set UPD/TCP open on port 3389.
> > The problem I am experiencing is that when I login over the internet
> > it lets me login and open a session and when I am done I click on
> > Start -> Log Off. I am unable to resume a remote desktop connection
> > from the internet until after I have rebooted my computer. I have
> > tested this problem "Bug" on an entirely different computer
> > system/network with a static IP address and it has the exact same
> > problem. Is there something that I need to change to allow a
> > re-connection attempt after I have logged off. I have already applied
> > WindowsXP-KB884020-x86-enu.exe and it did not help with this issue.
>
> Works great for me over DSL, over Cable Modem, over a T1 and a T3 line.
> Windows XP Professional w/SP2 is the "host" in each of the cases I tried.
> The client was different - sometimes I was on a Windows 2003 Server,
> sometimes a Windows XP (one home and one professional machine) and even
> Windows 98SE once.
>
> I have no idea where the trouble would lie, but it is definitely not a
> "common" bug.
>
> --
> <- Shenan ->
> --

  • Re: CAN WE LOGIN TO A WINDOWS 2003 ACTIVE DIRECTORY DOMAIN OVER TH
    ... Having a user login to a windows 2003 server over the internet is not a good ...
  • Remote Desktop windows Xp
    ... I am new user of windows xp and i want to share the ... login and all computers contains automitically assign IP ... through internet to my office computer ... thanks and best regards ...
  • Repairing Windows XP
    ... I have Windows XP Home and i have tried to login all day yesterday and today ... I have been using the internet all ... afternoon yesterday until the internet downloaded a antivirus programme which ...
  • windows shut down by NT AUTHORITY SERVICES
    ... My windows XP Pro machine keeps giving me an error i've ... When connecting to the internet, ... - 5 minutes after login, a small dialog box pops up and ...
  • I think I have been hijacked.
    ... I am running windows xp on my Compaq Presario and Toshiba laptop, ... An internet connection appears to have been added through a USB. ... R - Registry, StartPage/SearchPage changes ... Fixed crashing bug on certain Win2000 and WinXP systems at O23 listing ...