Re: windows xp boot/reboot problem

From: Tim Holman \(MVP - Security\) (tim_holman_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/15/04

Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 14:00:17 +0100

Try here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/russel_02may13.mspx

"mojo" <mojo7676@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ef3e5d3c.0410141317.33c6b2e9@posting.google.com...
> Hi
>
> any help on the following situation greatly appreciated.
>
> win xp on an amd athlon 2000 with 256 ram.
>
> problem: pc never actually fully boots but instead of just freezing,
> keeps rebooting. start cycle does actually get to the xp desktop but
> then another restart. tried hitting f8 and restarting in safe mode but
> the mouse doesn't work and neither does the start menu. sort of
> freezes so nothing much doing there, either. sadly, I don't have the
> xp install cd rom so i can't try booting from cd, either. i've checked
> the memory, the fan and the hard drive which all seem to work ok in a
> different machine.
>
> i'm wondering, could this something else or maybe be a virus? If so,
> any likely suspects/removal tips?
>
> thanks again in advance
>
> mojo

Relevant Pages

  • Re: windows xp boot/reboot problem
    ... pc never actually fully boots but instead of just freezing, ... > then another restart. ... > xp install cd rom so i can't try booting from cd, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: windows xp boot/reboot problem
    ... pc never actually fully boots but instead of just freezing, ... > then another restart. ... > xp install cd rom so i can't try booting from cd, ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: computer freezing
    ... the only solution is to press the restart button. ... I thought the Event Log would record the "freezing" event and also the ... other wellknown software. ...
  • windows xp boot/reboot problem
    ... win xp on an amd athlon 2000 with 256 ram. ... pc never actually fully boots but instead of just freezing, ... then another restart. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)