Re: Prevent dll replacing

From: R. Oliva (ramiro_oliva_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/12/04

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:55:54 +0200

Miha Pihler wrote:
> One option would be to digitally sign your dll file. If digital signature is
> not what it is supposed to be, you can then terminate the program or notify
> the administrator or ...
>
> Mike
>
> "R. Oliva" <ramiro_oliva@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Hi, I have a general security question concerning application design.
>>
>>When several dlls are used, I pass a connection object to some objects
>>in different dlls. How can I prevent someone from replacing one of this
>>dll and fetch de connection string of the object passed?
>>
>>Any advise?
>>
>>Thanks.

And If I use late binding instancing, how can I verify the digital
signature of the module?

Relevant Pages

  • Using RevertToSelf in DLL to be used from classic ASP webapplication
    ... I've developed a COM DLL in Visual C++ to generate a digital signature based on a certificate read from a PFX file. ... This DLL is used in a classic ASP webapplication to digitally sign a XML message before sending it to another party. ... I understand that RevertToSelf will 'impersonate' the System Account which is undesirable from a security point of view. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Using RevertToSelf in DLL to be used from classic ASP webapplication
    ... I've developed a COM DLL in Visual C++ to generate a digital signature based on a certificate read from a PFX file. ... This DLL is used in a classic ASP webapplication to digitally sign a XML message before sending it to another party. ... I understand that RevertToSelf will 'impersonate' the System Account which is undesirable from a security point of view. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc)
  • Re: Copying a DLL changed its version?
    ... "Digital Signature" date of March 14, ... With nobody using the DLL, I changed the name of the original to ... When Windows detects that the file has changed, it replaces it from the dllcache folder. ... burn it and boot to Mini Windows. ...
  • Re: Prevent dll replacing
    ... One option would be to digitally sign your dll file. ... If digital signature is ... not what it is supposed to be, you can then terminate the program or notify ... > When several dlls are used, I pass a connection object to some objects ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Copying a DLL changed its version?
    ... For the sake of discussion, ... "Digital Signature" date of March 14, ... With nobody using the DLL, I changed the name of the original to ... What could explain this apparent change of versions? ...