NVMCTRAY.DLL is it spyware?

From: Headtheball (noanswer_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/12/04

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 08:01:26 +0100

I started my pc this morning and it took ages to boot to desktop, I looked
in startup under msconfig and saw that I had two identical files loading one
called NVMCTRAY.DLL and the other NvMcTray.dll. I did a google search and I
found an article that says some spyware can disguise itself as this file,
although adaware and spybot and antispy did not pick this up. Another side
effect is that my AV (Panda) is not working and hangs when I try to run a
scan. Any Ideas would be appreciated

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Removing an OS on a Multiple Operating System PC
    ... Leaving Msconfig with Selective Startup checked will cause no ... If you really want to have msconfig set to Normal Startup then ... >> On the Boot.ini page select "Check all boot paths". ...
  • Re: Startup
    ... computers once a day or even less frequently. ... I don't know how long it took to boot ... doesn't work, run MSCONFIG from the Start | Run line, and on the Startup ...
  • Spyware?
    ... I started my pc this morning and it took ages to boot to desktop, ... in startup under msconfig and saw that I had two identical files loading one ...
  • Re: NVMCTRAY.DLL is it spyware?
    ... > in startup under msconfig and saw that I had two identical files loading one ... assume that any spyware programs would have to have an executable file ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Programs starting during boot
    ... msconfig and uncheck startup programs, it moves me to "Selective Startup" ... won't let me boot in "Normal" mode unless I restore everything to startup on ...