Re: Prevent dll replacing

From: Miha Pihler (mihap-news_at_atlantis.si)
Date: 10/11/04

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:36:23 +0200

One option would be to digitally sign your dll file. If digital signature is
not what it is supposed to be, you can then terminate the program or notify
the administrator or ...

Mike

"R. Oliva" <ramiro_oliva@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have a general security question concerning application design.
>
> When several dlls are used, I pass a connection object to some objects
> in different dlls. How can I prevent someone from replacing one of this
> dll and fetch de connection string of the object passed?
>
> Any advise?
>
> Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Using RevertToSelf in DLL to be used from classic ASP webapplication
    ... I've developed a COM DLL in Visual C++ to generate a digital signature based on a certificate read from a PFX file. ... This DLL is used in a classic ASP webapplication to digitally sign a XML message before sending it to another party. ... I understand that RevertToSelf will 'impersonate' the System Account which is undesirable from a security point of view. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc)
  • Using RevertToSelf in DLL to be used from classic ASP webapplication
    ... I've developed a COM DLL in Visual C++ to generate a digital signature based on a certificate read from a PFX file. ... This DLL is used in a classic ASP webapplication to digitally sign a XML message before sending it to another party. ... I understand that RevertToSelf will 'impersonate' the System Account which is undesirable from a security point of view. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Copying a DLL changed its version?
    ... "Digital Signature" date of March 14, ... With nobody using the DLL, I changed the name of the original to ... When Windows detects that the file has changed, it replaces it from the dllcache folder. ... burn it and boot to Mini Windows. ...
  • Copying a DLL changed its version?
    ... For the sake of discussion, ... "Digital Signature" date of March 14, ... With nobody using the DLL, I changed the name of the original to ... What could explain this apparent change of versions? ...
  • Re: BindImageEx() on Files w/ Digital Signatures
    ... Are you sure your DLL has changed at all after BIND? ... binding should invalidate a digital signature on a ... digital signatures to prevent binding? ...