Re: Help with norton

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net)
Date: 10/09/04

Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 16:45:17 GMT

Hmm. If your computer is running smoothly and Norton seems to be the only
issue I can't think of much else to try except to refer you to Norton's
website in the link below where there is a support area. You may also try to
email them and post in one of the Microsoft virus related newsgroups. If
your Norton package also has a firewall built into it you might try
disabling your XP built in ICF firewall to see if that makes a difference
and also delete the contents of the c:\windows\prefetch folder. --- Steve

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/sp2/faq.html -- Norton website support for
XP SP2

>i TRIED SCANNING IT IN SAFE MODE BUT THE SAME PROBLEM
> OCCURRED, IT EITHER RESTARTS OR NOW A BLUE ERROR MESSAGE
> POPS SAYING "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". THIS ONLY HAPPENS
> WHEN IM USING NORTON, IF I DISABLE IT OR UNINSTALL IT THE
> COMPUTER RUNS SMOOTHLY. I HAVE WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION
> AND SP2. ADWARE SE RUNS PERFECTLY

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Errors in Outlook Express since Windows Update April 2007
    ... Try one or more of your accounts in a new Named Identity. ... Move them to local folders created for this purpose. ... Disabling Email Scanning does not leave you unprotected against viruses ... Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect ...
  • ERROR 0x80072F76 SOLUTION
    ... I found that DISABLING NORTON ANTIVIRUS ... Thank you for contacting Microsoft Windows Update Support. ... Information window that opens, click on File, then Save, and save the file to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: OE 6 Wont Switch Identities
    ... Norton and that had no effect. ... Disabling Email Scanning does not leave you unprotected against viruses ... Now compact all folders in the old "Main Identity," import ...
  • Re: Send to Word Woes
    ... different agents and 2 hours on the phone): ... you can leave the Norton Office plug-in DLL disabled. ... >> was successful in executing that command in RUN. ... >>> disabling through NAV really does disable it. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: OE 6 Wont Switch Identities
    ... After making certain you have a copy of your Product Key, uninstall all Norton software via Add/Remove Programs. ... caused by those two files which don't go away when SP3 is removed. ... Identities did work fine, I question whether NIS is indeed involved. ... Disabling Email Scanning does not leave you unprotected against ...