Re: SP2 Error Message

From: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] (lanwench_at_heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com)
Date: 10/09/04

Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 20:19:49 -0400

What's loading at startup if you run msconfig to check?

ChelseaC wrote:
> After getting SP2, with every startup I now get the
> following error message: "Access violation at address
> 0012D5E0. Write of Address 0000022C".
>
> Any idea what it means? Or better yet how to correct the
> problem (if any) or make the message disappear
> permanently? I simply close it out and continue on
> unaffected, but it would be nice to have it gone.

Relevant Pages

  • Msconfig shows blank programs in Startup
    ... I have Windows XP SP2. ... I tried running the System Configuration Utility (msconfig) to see what programs are run on Startup. ... But in the Startup list I see four entries for which both Startup Item and Command are totally blank. ...
  • Re: Slow boot after installing SP2
    ... >>tons of disk space. ... the time it takes his PC to get to the desktop *after* installing SP2. ... If the only change in his system was the installation of SP2, ... > Have you gone through the startup listand disabled the ones you do not ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • RE: DESKTOP ITEMS DISAPPEARED
    ... | Subject: DESKTOP ITEMS DISAPPEARED ... MSconfig again ... this time to test if it was a startup item ... item" causing the issue. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.applications)
  • MSCONFIGs Startup tab and Memory Leaks
    ... startup tab) causes memory leaks. ... subjecting your system to memory leaks. ... using MSCONFIG as a startup manager causes memory leaks. ... entry points and memory management in a program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: CPU max out @ 100% high mem useage. due to Services.exe
    ... at the last tab at the top of the "MSconfig window" please goto the ... MSconfig again ... this time to test if it was a startup item ... item" causing the issue. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.applications)