Re: SP2 Error Message

From: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] (lanwench_at_heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com)
Date: 10/09/04

Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 20:19:49 -0400

What's loading at startup if you run msconfig to check?

ChelseaC wrote:
> After getting SP2, with every startup I now get the
> following error message: "Access violation at address
> 0012D5E0. Write of Address 0000022C".
>
> Any idea what it means? Or better yet how to correct the
> problem (if any) or make the message disappear
> permanently? I simply close it out and continue on
> unaffected, but it would be nice to have it gone.

Relevant Pages

  • Msconfig shows blank programs in Startup
    ... I have Windows XP SP2. ... I tried running the System Configuration Utility (msconfig) to see what programs are run on Startup. ... But in the Startup list I see four entries for which both Startup Item and Command are totally blank. ...
  • Re: Slow boot after installing SP2
    ... >>tons of disk space. ... the time it takes his PC to get to the desktop *after* installing SP2. ... If the only change in his system was the installation of SP2, ... > Have you gone through the startup listand disabled the ones you do not ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • RE: DESKTOP ITEMS DISAPPEARED
    ... | Subject: DESKTOP ITEMS DISAPPEARED ... MSconfig again ... this time to test if it was a startup item ... item" causing the issue. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.applications)
  • RE: Win2000 shutdown problem
    ... at the last tab at the top of the "MSconfig window" please goto the ... MSconfig again ... this time to test if it was a startup item ... item" causing the issue. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • MSCONFIGs Startup tab and Memory Leaks
    ... startup tab) causes memory leaks. ... subjecting your system to memory leaks. ... using MSCONFIG as a startup manager causes memory leaks. ... entry points and memory management in a program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)