Re: X-Win32 and SP2

From: Neil A. (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/02/04

Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 06:59:08 -0700

Thank you for the reply and suggestion. Unfortunately, it
did not work. I have seen this KB article, which is how I
knew to unblock UDP 177. Any other suggestions? This
problem occurs on each of Windows XP systems (Home or
Pro) that have been patched with SP2.

Neil

message
>> Since installing XP SP2 my X-Win32 (x-windows)
>> application no longer connects to my Linux machine.
If I
>> turn off the firewall it works fine. I have unblocked
>> the program and created exceptions for TCP Port 6000
and
>> UDP Port 177.
>>
>> Has anyone run into a similar problem? If so, have you
>> been able to solve the problem?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Neil
>>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Cisco VPN client
    ... The UDP port 10000 configuration reference is proprietary to the Cisco VPN ... transit between the VPN client and the concentrator. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: bind() udp behavior 2.6.8.1
    ... > clearing out a UDP connection in a firewall coming from a high port is ... Allowing a high numbered udp port to remain ... I think the current OpenAFS ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Easy RRAS VPN question
    ... L2TP traffic at the UDP port of 1701. ... the security layer encountered a processing error during initial ... Jarryd ...
  • Re: Auditing
    ... I still see scanners looking for UDP port 22 every once in a while ... (script kiddies looking for poorly configured PC-Anywhere instances). ... So, this could be unrelated to your incident, and just be some random ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: tcludp - bug when closing 1-of-2 listening ports
    ... It is indeed linked with zero-sized UDP packets. ... Listening on udp port: 1300 ... recv at 1300: 4 ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)