Re: DSO Exploit

From: PA Bear (PABear_at_mvps.org)
Date: 09/30/04

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 03:35:07 -0400

Edward W. Thompson wrote:
> As you may recall I also have complained about your 'signature'. Now you
> claim your employer requires you to use it. Do we conclude from that you
> are being paid to contribute to this group?

Perhaps you meant, "Should we presume that you are being..."?

Have you considered that Mr. Adare's employers makes his sig content
mandatory because they allow him to post to the newsgroups /from/ work,
using their servers, something many, if not most, employers do /not/ allow?
(Think: Liability, implied or otherwise)

--
~PA Bear

Relevant Pages

  • Re: spaces after a period (Was: Re: diff between sprintf() and fprintf())
    ... putting ">" marks before each of the two signature lines. ... I don't speak for my employers; ... Please remove the ">" marks from your sig. ... not in the signature file trn is supposed to include. ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: The future of CPU architecture
    ... Ada uses Top Down Overload Resolution. ... int sum = 0; ... I do not recall such allowing parens and other operator symbols. ... The statements I make here in no way represent my employers' positions on the issue, nor am I authorized to speak on behalf of my employers, past or present. ...
    (comp.arch)
  • Re: Albert of Monaco
    ... It's just that in the back of my mind I recall people who have done ... badly in their jobs, or crossed their employers, being posted to ...
    (alt.talk.royalty)