RE: Virus Protection - "Check Status"

From: namniar (namniar_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/30/04

Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 17:13:03 -0700

Great, just updated NIS. A whole wack of updates for NIS where downloaded
and ran. It seems Symantec addressed some issues. Now WinXP Security Centre
recognizes Norton Firewall and Antivirus (2004 anyway).

Yeah!

r.

"namniar" wrote:

> When SP2 was first posted to the Windows Update site (end of August?) I ran
> the update no problem. During the SP2 setup it asked in some way or another
> if I wanted to retain NIS 2004 as the firewall and antivirus. So at that
> time the Security centre recognized NIS 2004 (firewall and antivirus). Last
> week after HDD problems I did a complete wipe and reload. Now SP2 does not
> recognize Norton firewall or antivirus and I had to set both to "not
> monitored"
>
> r.
>
> "Rahdia" wrote:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ZoneAlarm Pro 3.0 VS. Norton Internet Security 2002
    ... Another factor I forgot to mention although it is obvious, is that Norton ... NIS includes Antivirus and Zone Alarm does not. ... > feature does not block pop up ads so I use a program called EMS Free ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Do you get what you pay for?
    ... I figure that when I pay for an antivirus, ... > be given updates for as long as I choose to use the product. ... > The last antivirus I bought was McAfee. ... I've found it the past that Norton digs its tentacles so deeply into ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: how to ID virus/worm?
    ... Working antivirus that has the latest updates for this week ... I will sugest to do an online virus scan ... > before re-intalling the Norton. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Windows Update and Norton Internet Security 2005 causes repeating rebooting
    ... > one of the 13 latest updates causes Norton to go haywire and produce ... > I can download the latest updates. ... >> I downloaded the 13 windows updates that were recently released and ... I have NIS 2005 and I had no problems updating the Windows patches. ...
  • Re: XP Startup sequence
    ... I have Symantec (Norton) Antivirus 2003 with current updates. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)