RE: Virus Protection - "Check Status"

From: namniar (
Date: 09/30/04

Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 17:13:03 -0700

Great, just updated NIS. A whole wack of updates for NIS where downloaded
and ran. It seems Symantec addressed some issues. Now WinXP Security Centre
recognizes Norton Firewall and Antivirus (2004 anyway).

"namniar" wrote:

> When SP2 was first posted to the Windows Update site (end of August?) I ran
> the update no problem. During the SP2 setup it asked in some way or another
> if I wanted to retain NIS 2004 as the firewall and antivirus. So at that
> time the Security centre recognized NIS 2004 (firewall and antivirus). Last
> week after HDD problems I did a complete wipe and reload. Now SP2 does not
> recognize Norton firewall or antivirus and I had to set both to "not
> monitored"
> r.
> "Rahdia" wrote:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ZoneAlarm Pro 3.0 VS. Norton Internet Security 2002
    ... Another factor I forgot to mention although it is obvious, is that Norton ... NIS includes Antivirus and Zone Alarm does not. ... > feature does not block pop up ads so I use a program called EMS Free ...
  • Re: Do you get what you pay for?
    ... I figure that when I pay for an antivirus, ... > be given updates for as long as I choose to use the product. ... > The last antivirus I bought was McAfee. ... I've found it the past that Norton digs its tentacles so deeply into ...
  • Re: how to ID virus/worm?
    ... Working antivirus that has the latest updates for this week ... I will sugest to do an online virus scan ... > before re-intalling the Norton. ...
  • Re: Windows Update and Norton Internet Security 2005 causes repeating rebooting
    ... > one of the 13 latest updates causes Norton to go haywire and produce ... > I can download the latest updates. ... >> I downloaded the 13 windows updates that were recently released and ... I have NIS 2005 and I had no problems updating the Windows patches. ...
  • Re: XP Startup sequence
    ... I have Symantec (Norton) Antivirus 2003 with current updates. ...