Re: WNT and MS04-028

From: Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\) (Torgeir.Bakken-spam_at_hydro.com)
Date: 09/27/04

Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:18:36 +0200

Oly wrote:

> I have a variety of old systems (required to support
> customer processes) does any one have any idea if WNT SP6
> with Office97 devices are affected with this new security
> bulletin?
Hi

I don't think Office97 is vulnerable, but if you have IE6 or any other
of the vulnerable applications listed in the link below installed, you
should install the respective update.

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-028
Buffer Overrun in JPEG Processing (GDI+) Could Allow Code Execution
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-028.mspx

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

  • HP-UX security bulletins digest
    ... Security Bulletin Digest Split ... cluster SNMP MIB to obtain the correct status for the cluster. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Sec. Vulnerability in SNMP (rev. 1)
    ... The information in the following Security Bulletin should be acted ... Vulnerabilities in SNMP request and trap handling. ... cluster SNMP MIB to obtain the correct status for the cluster. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Sec. Vulnerability in SNMP (rev. 1)
    ... The information in the following Security Bulletin should be acted ... Vulnerabilities in SNMP request and trap handling. ... cluster SNMP MIB to obtain the correct status for the cluster. ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Neue Sicherheits-Bulletins - KRITISCHE UPDATES - Bitte beachten
    ... Bulletin Anfang. ... Microsoft is releasing the following four new security bulletins for newly discovered vulnerabilities: ... Windows Services for UNIX, ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.visio)
  • Sec. Vulnerability in SNMP (rev. 9)
    ... The information in the following Security Bulletin should be acted ... Vulnerabilities in SNMP request and trap handling. ... Patches for some affected systems are available now. ...
    (comp.security.misc)