Re: GDIScan results - what now

From: AndyMac (andymac_at_someonestolemyemailaddy.com)
Date: 09/27/04

Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:06:37 +0100

If this file is in the root directory of the F drive and you've no
applications installed on the F drive then I wouldn't worry about this too
much.

Check the file properties for anything that may give a clue to it's origins.
Check the date created on the file and search for other files on your PC
created around that time - that may give you an idea what application it was
installed with. Also, there's the chance that you've managed to copy it to
your F drive as part of a backup.

If you're really struggling to find the source of the file, rename it to
gdiplus.old. If something's using it you'll find out soon enough, it you
need it you can change the name back :)

AndyMac.

"David E" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The scan result was:
>
> Scanning Drive F:...
> F:\gdiplus.dll
> Version: 5.1.3097.0 <-- Vulnerable version
> Scan Complete.
>
> F drive is an old drive I kept after installing a larger
> drive - which is now my C drive. I mostly use F for file
> backups.
>
> But I'm not sure what application - if any - uses this
> dll.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Linux for Kids
    ... manage the finances of a small business and a home, ... get websites installing trackers, browser hijackers, and "toolbars" on ... backup system, etc., so on, and so forth. ... because he won't pay for it. ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Can you really 100% clean a compromised machine 100% of the time w
    ... > The bottom line is I can save all of the customers data, do a fomat, ... If the pc doesn't have USB 2.0 or firewire the backup process ... - image the machine (to a network location) to guarantee you miss nothing ... (using the customer's keys of course - but installing all the free ...
  • Re: prevent SBS 2000 from replicating AD to member DC
    ... And I would start by installing SBS CD1 to ... Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 Express Install for End Users ... the version of backup Exec we are using does not have (we have not paid ... I am now in the process of installing a fresh copy of Windows 2000 SBS ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: Backing up SBS 2003
    ... installing the OS and it really doesn't take very long? ... > reboot and run NTBackup Restore IF you have a FULL backup. ... >>> known as shadow copies. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Desperate cry for help (Disater recovery)
    ... Whilst installing if you still have internet do search the google links ... > SBS Backup functionality. ... > barebones SBS and then restoring, but it seems that either this is not the ... >> Hi Luis, sorry I always find a resore is frought with probs and I go fo a ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)