"Email could not be delivered" - but was not sent by me!

From: Xylophone (m-rharrison_at_tiscali.co.uk)
Date: 09/27/04

Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 00:10:52 +0100

I have XP Home with IE6, with strong security settings in Internet Mode, the
latest Java plug-in and using ActiveX, and NAV2003, Outpost free firewall
(showing completely stealthed, but for one port closed), Adaware, Spybot,
Spyware Blaster, SpywareGuard, and I have renamed my admin account and
attached a password. So I try to stay secure. When running these programs
for problems, generally only NAV picks up and sorts a problem of any note -
Netsky and Swen are the most common, two or three times day in emails -yet I
keep getting, several times a day, a message from Postmaster or the like to
say 'could not deliver to,' then an email address is given, completely
unrecognisable by me, usually quite weird in its spelling, and never
repeated (I think).

Any comments/explanations/solutions to prevent???

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Mail count is not correct
    ... but the Exchange server was showing them as ... When I turned Cached Mode back off, my missing emails ... suddenly appeared in my previously used "Junk E-mail" ... My Outlook is showing me the number of mails like ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • MPro Hiccup
    ... Newses are showing as coming in but not showing in MPro's newsreader ... Are the emails which apparenty have come in lost? ... The Messenger folder in there had ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: Possible Intruder
    ... I get these emails all the time. ... They are a hoax and should be deleted. ... Here is a Microsoft web page discussing them, and showing a sample email. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: SBS 2003 email usage report
    ... Take a look at the following for more information it may be showing this way ... The View Usage Report tool may report many e-mail messages in Windows Small ... SBS 2000: microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000 ... > sent over 700 external emails, however these emails do not appear in the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Blank Emails in Outlook Express
    ... My Son has had this same problem, and running REGSVR32 INETCOMM.DLL fixed ... did the REGSVR32 thing and the emails ... Think I may put Spyware Blaster on his ... > Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express ...