Re: none

From: Vaga Bond (vaga_at_nym.panta-rhei.eu.org)
Date: 09/26/04

    Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 21:39:41 +0100 (BST)

    Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 21:39:35 +0100 (BST)

    In article <O8XqJF$oEHA.3392@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>
    "Kath Adams" <kathadams@(nospam)mvps.org> wrote:

    > >> Try clearing out your TIF's and temp files.
    > >
    > > Thank you for the reply and please excuse the lack of a Subject
    > > and bad formatting of my first message. I tried clearing out
    > > those files, but nothing happened. Another development, is that
    > > everything works fine with Outllok, as far as email handling is
    > > concerned. Does that give any clues? I'm getting desperate.
    >
    > Hopefully you still mean Outlook Express and NOT Outlook? (Two different
    > programs.)
    > Do you have McAfee or Norton installed? And are they set to scan email?
    > Try disabling your AV program and try again.

    Thank you for the reply.

    Actually, I did mean Outlook :) . I used Outlook in order to
    verify that indeed I had a problem with Outlook Express. As for
    antivirus and firewall, I use nod32 and Zone Alarm and they are
    both set to check my emails. This has been the case even before
    installing Windows SP2. Disabling both those programs still
    doesn't enable me to view attachments (other than jpg or gif
    files) or to save *any* type of attachment.

    My guess is that something must have gone wrong during the
    Windows SP2 installation, although I didn't actually notice
    anything odd at the time.

    --
    Vaga