SP2 virus software warnings

From: Tom H. (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/24/04

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 13:15:57 -0700

Since installing SP2 on my MS Windows XP system I get an
annoying warning everytime I start the system. It says
Windows cannot verify the settings of my anti-virus
software. I have Norton AntiVirus, and it is set with
Auto-Protect enabled. XP seems unable to determine this,
so it sends me these warnings. Reluctantly, I turned the
warnings off, but now XP won't warn me if something truly
goes wrong with my AntiVirus settings.

Does anybody else have this problem? How can I fix it?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SP2 virus software warnings
    ... somehow the world will still keep turning. ... from XP to notify you about AV settings since it doesn't check that? ... I have Norton AntiVirus, ... > so it sends me these warnings. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Force all Windows to Open Maximized
    ... If you close an IE window, IE remembers your last settings. ... windows maximised. ... All Outgoing Mail Scanned By Norton Antivirus 2003 ... Maximized each time you open a new Internet Browser. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: IRQ BSOD
    ... As for Windows CDs I do not ... The Warnings were as follows: ... service was still using the registry during log off. ... process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did ...
  • Re: XP Continuously reloads
    ... I went through the warnings that were listed in the document that you ... data since I can't get into Windows XP at all. ... don't want to loose data and programs. ... Would running the repair from the CD cost me data and programs? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Incoming Worm when starting Fax Console
    ... but Norton's AV and Internet Security programs are ... notorious for disabling various Fax Service functions. ... If I close the fax console and reopen, no warnings on ... >>> My computer is clean, according to scans by Norton antivirus, Adaware, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)