Re: Please explain secure file deletion methods

From: Karl Levinson [x y] mvp (
Date: 09/23/04

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 07:19:33 -0400

Many of those tools also handle wiping files that aren't there, by wiping
free space, slack space, swap file, etc. Check out BCwipe from There are others as well. Doing this really only helps if
someone has unrestricted physical access to your computer or your hard
drive. It is very very unlikely anyone would retrieve those files remotely.