Re: WU and security?

From: Scott (scott_at_ehrlichtronics.com)
Date: 09/22/04

Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:25:23 -0700

Sorry for top-posting... Is there a URL or document by
Microsoft that explains this definitively?

Thanks.

Scott

server has Microsoft
>certificate and if this certificate is valid (e.g. issued
by trusted source,
>has not been revoked and has not expired...).

>TCP 10.8.64.79:3190 207.46.157.93:80
ESTABLISHED

>TCP 10.8.64.79:3192 207.46.157.93:443
ESTABLISHED

>Next thing, all patches and service packs are digitally
signed by Microsoft.
>If I was to take a patch and modify one bit in it, digital
certificate would
>be invalid and patch would fail to install...
>

>http://freeweb.siol.net/mpihler/signok.jpg
>

>I hope this helps,
>

>Mike
>

>"scott" <scott@ehrlichtronics.com> wrote in message
>> What technology is behind the WU client/server model, and
>> what is to prevent a rogue WU server from sending
>> malicious updates to client machines or local department
>> WU servers?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Scott
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Securing Terminal Services in Remote Administration mode
    ... Anyway you can do it using standard Microsoft technology,like a ipsec ... > Use SecureRDP on these servers and filter by many of its options (IP, ... > ComputerName, username, MAC address and even client version). ... > Then filter allowing only that version. ...
  • RE: New DC 2003 R2 with SBS2003 replication problem. Need Help !
    ... SBS domain and you get some KCC errors on SBS. ... Step-by-Step Guide to Adding and Managing Additional Servers in a Windows ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... newsgroups so that they can be resolved in an efficient and timely manner. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Multiple copies of the Language Bar
    ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... Hi, thanks for the response. ... Both the Windows 2003 Standard servers and the SBS2003 are all at ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: 4.4.7 NDRs on sent email - messages remain in STMP queue until expiry
    ... the free email servers seems very hit and miss. ... This issue occurs may because the Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition ... Microsoft Exchange Server servers or on Microsoft Windows SMTP servers. ... Please collect the MPS Report for Exchange: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Any working SIP-phone on FreeBSD?
    ... majority of end users do not want to invest large amounts of time ... They can't make a secured OS, their servers ... their messenger took ICQ from the market. ... While hobbyists love anything not Microsoft, in the medical profession, ...
    (freebsd-questions)