Broadband Internet Access From Limited Accounts

From: Touchstone (touch.stone_at_ntlworld.com)
Date: 09/22/04

Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:02:18 GMT

Hi,

I have several logons on my computer which has allowed my to customise the
layout and configuration of my computer according to the tasks I want to
perform.

At the moment these are all administrator logons, which the microsoft
baseline analiser program tells me is bad.

I have one logon which is for simple things like internet browsing. If I
change the user account type from administrator to limited I can no longer
gain access to the internet. Why is this and how can I fix it?

I have also read somewhere that you should not connect to the internet from
an administrator account, is this right?

I run Windows XP and have SP2 installed. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Touchstone.

Relevant Pages

  • Broadband Internet Access From Limited Accounts
    ... I have several logons on my computer which has allowed my to customise the ... At the moment these are all administrator logons, ... I have one logon which is for simple things like internet browsing. ... change the user account type from administrator to limited I can no longer ...
  • clear login cache
    ... Ask your Desktop Administrator to boot your windowsxp into Local Machine Administrator logon, ... Double Click on Local Security Policy icon ... Privius logons to cache(In case domain ontroller ...
  • Watching for RWW breakins
    ... IP address filters in the router, and forwarding a nonstandard port to 443 ... have emphasized monitoring the security log, but what on earth do I watch ... network logon) including about 100 Administrator logons, ... RWW logons? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: clear login cache
    ... In windows XP Prof. system, Interactive Logon option from Local Security ... Policy is set default to "10 logons" value. ... Ask your Desktop Administrator to boot your windowsxp into Local Machine ...
  • internet zones with full replacement gina
    ... domain logons has a little glitch. ... internet zones are not se correclty. ... only two zones are available. ...