Netscape Wants to Send My Email Encrypted

From: SidBord (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/21/04

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:26:29 -0700

Update! A tip from another forum led me to a Symantec
article, which, while not an exact match, did contain the
message I was receiving. It encouraged me to examine my
various settings, and I discovered that my outgoing mail
server address did not exactly match the certificate for
identifying the site. I changed it and that seemed to
clear the problem. Why I didn't have trouble before
yesterday, I guess I'll never know. Perhaps my ISP changed
it's certificate or Norton AV got an update that changed
the way it does things.
For what it's worth, Symantec says that Norton antivirus
will likely have problems if your ISP is using Secure
Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. If your ISP is using SSL, and
you are having trouble sending OR receiving email and you
get the seemingly unrelated message I got, then you have to
turn off Norton AV email scanning. No fix.