Netscape Wants to Send My Email Encrypted

From: SidBord (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/21/04

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:26:29 -0700

Update! A tip from another forum led me to a Symantec
article, which, while not an exact match, did contain the
message I was receiving. It encouraged me to examine my
various settings, and I discovered that my outgoing mail
server address did not exactly match the certificate for
identifying the site. I changed it and that seemed to
clear the problem. Why I didn't have trouble before
yesterday, I guess I'll never know. Perhaps my ISP changed
it's certificate or Norton AV got an update that changed
the way it does things.
For what it's worth, Symantec says that Norton antivirus
will likely have problems if your ISP is using Secure
Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. If your ISP is using SSL, and
you are having trouble sending OR receiving email and you
get the seemingly unrelated message I got, then you have to
turn off Norton AV email scanning. No fix.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Symantec Security Check Tells Me it My AntiVirus Software Isnt Up-To-Date
    ... days access to virus definition updates, ... Symantec wanted to recapture all ... >>I have Norton AntiVirus 2004 installed. ... >>I reran the Security Check with the same results. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Cant send/rec e-mail - ?reinstall?
    ... I'd strongly urge you to review those two Symantec links in advance, ... I was able to update all the programs after uninstalling the ZoneAlarm. ... IN RE the Symantec Integrator error message: ... To fix the problem, you must uninstall Norton AntiVirus, ...
  • Re: Security Center displays wrong info
    ... I hear Symantec has a new ad campaign " NAV - WE are the malware " ... Ted Zieglar wrote: ... be sure that any services associated with Norton AntiVirus have been removed. ... it took me hours to get rid of NAV 2006. ...
  • Re: NAV. SAME OR LESS COVERAGE IN RENEWAL
    ... months when my ZA Pro subscription is up - thanks for the info. ... I also received Symantec, Norton Antivirus protection disk ... > I used, and recommended, Norton Antivirus and then Norton Internet ... I had used McAfee prior to that. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Suspicious infected email
    ... For the past week or two random users in our company have been receiving ... We are using Norton Antivirus CE 7.6 and Antivirus/filtering for Exchange ... see which could be run to infect the user's computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)