Re: If I don't install SP2, is my OS secure?

From: Michael Stevens (mstevens_at_bogusmvps.org)
Date: 09/20/04

Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 02:58:02 -0700

ken wrote:
> Hi,all
> SP2 caused some problem of windowsupdate, so I
> uninstalled it. I have installed all the patches and
> update program for XP. Is my OS secure without SP2?

Probably, but you have to be very dilligent and aware of new updates.
Did you do a proper prep of your system before applying the SP2 update? If
not do some research and try it again after prepping the system.
See the link in my signature for some SP2 links.

--
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

  • Re: If I dont install SP2, is my OS secure?
    ... I have installed all the patches and ... > update program for XP. ... Is my OS secure without SP2? ... See the link in my signature for some SP2 links. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: downloading
    ... >>sEVICE PAC 2 IS GAY YOU DONT WANT IT ... Troubleshooting SP2 for Windows XP ... SP2 links to OEMs ... MS MVP - Windows Shell/User ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: XP Service Pack 2 OK with Dell Dimension 8300 PC?
    ... i.e., deleted all temporary files, Temporary ... Internet Files, defragged, etc. ... installed before applying SP2. ... SP2 links to OEMs ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows XP service pak 2
    ... > I have McAfee already on my PC? ... Service Pack 2 does not ... Are You Ready for WinXP SP2? ... SP2 links to OEMs ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: service pack 2
    ... > I have heard some nasty things about it. ... > Does it do any good or just add lots of sleepless nights? ... SP2 Support Center ... SP2 links to OEMs ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)