If I don't install SP2, is my OS secure?

From: ken (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/20/04

Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 02:19:51 -0700

Hi,all
SP2 caused some problem of windowsupdate, so I
uninstalled it. I have installed all the patches and
update program for XP. Is my OS secure without SP2?

Relevant Pages

  • If I dont install SP2, is my OS secure?
    ... SP2 caused some problem of windowsupdate, ... I have installed all the patches and ... update program for XP. ... Is my OS secure without SP2? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Open Ports....How to block them all....?
    ... > I keep it up to date with SP's and Patches but find that the server keeps ... Frequently this happens through an IIS ... Ways to secure your system are detailed at: ...
  • Re: Anybody use Linux? For old hardware, which distro?
    ... triggered one of my pet hates - the myth that to keep a system secure you need the latest software with the latest patches and updates on everything, along with anti-virus, software firewalls, anti-spyware programs, etc. ... I have spent far more time helping people who have had problems with windows add-on "security" programs than I have spent chasing down or removing malware. ... Security is a process, not an absolute state of the system, and so is vulnerability. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: the exploit that wasnt
    ... brought Microsoft into a security discussion about Mac OS X. ... "It's not hard to secure a PC. ... But I don't have to secure my Macs. ... The number of security patches, even greater than Windows lately, refutes that. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: the exploit that wasnt
    ... brought Microsoft into a security discussion about Mac OS X. ... You do NOT measure an OS' security by how many patches there are ... "It's not hard to secure a PC. ... But I don't have to secure my Macs. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)