Computers got Hacked?? Please Help!!!

From: itsupport (itsupport_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/19/04

Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 23:23:03 -0700

I'm sorry if this is not the right forum to post this.

2 days ago, something strange has happened to our work computers. It
happened to our windows 2003 server and several other users' pcs (win2K and
win XP). cmd.exe window will pop up but no scripts is shown. Then, IE will be
opened by itself and goes to websites like rotten.com showing gross pics,
google and etc. Also, sometimes Solitaire, Calculator, My Documents will be
opened too. This happends randomly throughout the day.

I've checked the firewall logs, ran spybot,adware and virus scans. But
couldn't detect anything. Searched on google for similar incident, but didn't
find anything either:(

Please help as I'm clueless of what to do next in order to get rid of this
prob! I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
KH

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Computers got Hacked?? Please Help!!!
    ... something strange has happened to our work computers. ... > google and etc. ... This happends randomly throughout the day. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: BitConverter.ToInt16 doesnt work correct
    ... //port and port2 get not correct values ... //and I found solution in google ... why it happends? ... How make BitConverter work correct? ...
  • Re: Computers got Hacked?? Please Help!!!
    ... something strange has happened to our work computers. ... This happends randomly throughout the day. ... backup each file and put them back on the rebuilt systems.) ... business environment you need to be more careful. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: JButton.setEnable(false) doesnt disable the Listener (Linux)
    ... > It becomes gray but I can click on the Button. ... > That happends on Linux ... > In Windows, when I assign an ActionListener I can't click on the ...
    (comp.lang.java.gui)
  • DHCP IP address go bad
    ... I am running AD on a Windows 2003 Server and Windows 2000 Server for DHCP. ... I am curious to know why this happends. ... complaining that he can access any internal resource but cannot access the ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)