Re: Trojan?

From: Lance (lltbhill_at_link_earth.net)
Date: 09/18/04

Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 07:27:51 -0700

There are plenty of different Trojans. Please let us know which one.

You could try booting to safe mode and try another scan using your AV.
(press F8 every second or so when you're booting).

Lance
*****

Laverne thought carefully and wrote on 9/18/2004 7:13 AM:

> Every time I hit the backspace key on my keyboard it redirects my computer to
> a site that says unavailabe. When I run my virus detection, it says I have a
> trojan, but then it can't remove it so it's always still on there. What do I
> do next?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cannot access laptop in safe mode.
    ... This takes about 15 minutes as compared to 15 hours of troubleshooting ... trojans, worms and viruses ... Boot on a floppy or into safe mode with command prompt ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • RE: Cant reboot after installing SP4 - please help!
    ... up a screen with many options such as booting in safe mode, ... booting in safe mode with command prompt and so forth. ... "Kathy" wrote: ... When trying to reboot, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Ive got the same problem and restoring the system to an earlier d
    ... booting) you can also try rolling back on the driver in safe mode if normal ... Windows Update that is downloaded automatically. ... Booting into Safe Mode, then ... Creative Audigy soundcard driver from Windows Update. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: ipvnmon.sys PLEASE HELP!!! I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT
    ... I tried booting of the cd but I still always get to ... the screen that asks if I want to start up in safe mode. ... >>I have windows xp professional and am not able to get it to work. ... >>options will freeze the system. ...
  • Re: Lsass.exe
    ... Booting in safe mode, immediately the screen appears, the Lsass.exe error ... Either let us know on the news groups or call us for assistance. ... >>| As soon as you select OK the system immediately goes into reboot and you ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)