Re: How to delete or repair W2k3 cert store

From: Anand Abhyankar [MS] (
Date: 09/17/04

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:09:03 -0700

I am not sure if you still have the certificate / private key on the
Try certutil.exe -repairstore

Anand Abhyankar [MS]
"Jims" <> wrote in message
> I've reinstalled and deleted a verisgn pfx file to the computer cert store
> of a w2K3 server a couple times and now I can no longer add the private
> key
> and cert.  I get a the below message.  How can I repair or delete the cert
> store?
> Thanks,
> Jim
> Certificate Import Wizard
> "An internale error occured. This can be either the user profile is not
> accessible or the private key that you are importing might require a
> cryptographic service provider that is not installed on your system."

Relevant Pages

  • Re: A question about CryptAcquireCertificatePrivateKey
    ... Windows stores the CSP and private key associated with the certificate in the ... This is, of course, true only when WINDOWS stores the cert. ...
  • Re: How to exchange certificate ?
    ... certificate store (I own ONLY a public key). ... >contained in a certificate store AND having an associated private key. ... you can test any cert for an associated private key using: ...
  • Re: IAS System Rights / IAS + Win2003 SP1
    ... and imported into IIS ADMIN. ... get cert from Verisign ... > these steps dont seem to attach the private key, ... > the private key for the certificate does not exist in the certificate ...
  • Re: How does WSE2 search for private key given X509 certificate?
    ... After I deleted the x509 certificate with private key from the cert store, ...
  • Re: SSL errors
    ... > Following the articles suggestions I bound a certificate ... > to the SMTP installation on this server from a MS CA we ... > private key information property attached to it. ... > the CA installed cert did not have that property page ...