Re: How to delete or repair W2k3 cert store

From: Anand Abhyankar [MS] (ananda_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/17/04

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:09:03 -0700

I am not sure if you still have the certificate / private key on the
machine.
Try certutil.exe -repairstore

--
Thanks,
Anand Abhyankar [MS]
"Jims" <biz@neocasa.net> wrote in message
> I've reinstalled and deleted a verisgn pfx file to the computer cert store
> of a w2K3 server a couple times and now I can no longer add the private
> key
> and cert.  I get a the below message.  How can I repair or delete the cert
> store?
> Thanks,
> Jim
>

> Certificate Import Wizard
> "An internale error occured. This can be either the user profile is not
> accessible or the private key that you are importing might require a
> cryptographic service provider that is not installed on your system."

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to exchange certificate ?
    ... certificate store (I own ONLY a public key). ... >contained in a certificate store AND having an associated private key. ... you can test any cert for an associated private key using: ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: A question about CryptAcquireCertificatePrivateKey
    ... Windows stores the CSP and private key associated with the certificate in the ... This is, of course, true only when WINDOWS stores the cert. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: IAS System Rights / IAS + Win2003 SP1
    ... and imported into IIS ADMIN. ... get cert from Verisign ... > these steps dont seem to attach the private key, ... > the private key for the certificate does not exist in the certificate ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.radius)
  • Re: How does WSE2 search for private key given X509 certificate?
    ... After I deleted the x509 certificate with private key from the cert store, ...
  • Re: SSL errors
    ... > Following the articles suggestions I bound a certificate ... > to the SMTP installation on this server from a MS CA we ... > private key information property attached to it. ... > the CA installed cert did not have that property page ...