Re: Client Authentication in IE

From: Miha Pihler (
Date: 09/17/04

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:31:09 +0200

Can you provide some additional information? What CA server did you setup?
Windows 2000 or Windows 2003? Is this standalone setup or enterprise setup?
Which template do you use on CA to issue user certificate? What purposes do
you see in the certificate?

certificate templates
certificate purposes

"cjha" <> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have set up SSL on IIS 5.0 with Client Authentication set up as
> I have also added the root CA certificate in the CTL.
> Now when I request a Client Certificate from the CA server and install it
> my IE 6.0 it works fine and I can see the certificate in the Tools -
> - Content - Certificates - Personal list. But when I access the site the
> Client Authentication popup does not show any of my client certificates in
> the list. It comes up as blank.
> Can any one tell me what am I missing. Is there some configuration that I
> have to do to make the client certificates come up in the list so that I
> select it.
> I have tried this in 4 machines and all show the same result.
> thanks

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Certsrv and Autoenrollment problem
    ... Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup. ... so it will not be instantiated on the template ... Certificate Authority snap-in will show the templates in the Certificate ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
  • Re: Wireless EAP Problem
    ... We setup Enterprise WPA2 with IAS as authentication. ... Any domain users just logon their domain user IDs without configuring computer certificate. ... Since sensitive patient info is sent over the wireless network it is essential that the communications be highly secure. ... I can easily change to PEAP in the remote access policy for IAS. ...
  • Re: Not able to connect to SBS using both domain mane or IP remote
    ... The way I had things setup worked before, as far as for the www record ... >> I setup SBS 2003 Standard and everything was working fine, ... >> " Cannot manage Certificate Services. ... > Your server is answering on port 25, ...
  • Re: PEAP-TLS with MS NPS
    ... that other then install, and duplicate the template. ... "The user or computer certificate is configured with the Client ... Authentication purpose in Application Policies extensions (also called ... but the workstation authentication cert ...
  • Re: Problems requesting computer certificates on an issuing CA
    ... The exact permissions on my template are: ... I tried to manually enroll for a computer certificate based on ... CA allows the computers to request certificates. ...