Security Settings & Service required for MBSA to scan

From: Jason Newman (JasonNewman_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/17/04

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 10:27:03 -0700

Hi all

I have recently installed MBSA 1.2.1 onto a Windows 2003 server and would
like to scan several other windows 2003 servers within this environment. How
ever once install, i select scan mulitply machines, enter the domain name
then MBSA reports that the servers cannot be contacted.

The servers in this environment have been lock down. Are there any log files
that I can use debug; What services and security policy settings is MBSA
dependent on in order for it to run.

Thanks in advance

Jason

Relevant Pages

  • RE: ADC Connector
    ... My environment is a Windows NT 4 enviroment running exchange 5.5. ... Servers in native mode at certain sites and migrated some of our user ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • domain password change
    ... We have a network all xp pro machines with windows 2000 ... servers AD environment. ...
  • Re: execute shell script from java
    ... >> OP did not specify therefore the default environment ... Since everyone has windows, it is the default. ... > power and stability of Linux: all my servers run it. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • RE: SQL Server Client Network Utility
    ... We work in an AD environment with Windows 2003 servers with all of ... our users only having user permissions on their desktops. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Security Settings & Service required for MBSA to scan
    ... in the install directory of MBSA (mbsacli /? ... Microsoft MVP (Windows Server System: ... > like to scan several other windows 2003 servers within this environment. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)