Client Authentication in IE

From: cjha (cjha_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/17/04

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 10:13:10 -0700

Hi
I have set up SSL on IIS 5.0 with Client Authentication set up as required.
I have also added the root CA certificate in the CTL.
Now when I request a Client Certificate from the CA server and install it in
my IE 6.0 it works fine and I can see the certificate in the Tools - Options
- Content - Certificates - Personal list. But when I access the site the
Client Authentication popup does not show any of my client certificates in
the list. It comes up as blank.
Can any one tell me what am I missing. Is there some configuration that I
have to do to make the client certificates come up in the list so that I can
select it.
I have tried this in 4 machines and all show the same result.

thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Checkpoint smart defance as IPS
    ... *any* SSL/TLS communication without tampering anything on the client ... website a client visits on-the-fly. ... don't have private key for the certificate on that website. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Checkpoint smart defance as IPS
    ... *any* SSL/TLS communication without tampering anything on the client ... website a client visits on-the-fly. ... don't have private key for the certificate on that website. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Cannot request computer certificate.
    ... >problem since you can not request a certificate while logged onto the CA. ... Verify that you can ping it by name and IP address from the client ... >> Kerberos, or dns. ... >> List of NetBt transports currently bound to the Redir ...
  • Re: The message must contain a wsa:To header
    ... My client app is not generating a trace file. ... the client is not applying the WSE policy at all because of an ... at ApplicationMessagingWS.Dispatch(String messageType, String ... look for a certificate with this subject name in the certificate store ...
  • Re: L2TP/IPSec from XP client to Windows 2003 Server
    ... ie no valid cert found on client - contacted Microsoft ... Windows Server 2003 Certificate Authority running ... The next step is to install Certificate Services on the Windows Server ... From Networks Connections on the client, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)