Conflicting numbers for Security Bulletin MS04-028

From: greenrose (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/16/04

Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:37:52 -0700

I did steps 1 & 2 at the page - "September 2004 Security
Update for JPEG Processing (GDI+) at
http://www.microsoft.com/security/bulletins/200409_jpeg.msp
x.

Step 4 - Update Developer Tools took me to a page where I
could do a Security Update for IE 6 SP1 (KB833989), which
I did.

In a columned box below Step 4, there are update numbers
for various programs. For IE6 SP1, the Update # is 830348.

I don't have the latter update in my add/remove programs.
Is this part of the JPEG processing issue that this
security issue is about? I'm confused because it's a
different number than the one in Step 4 for IE 6 SP1.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: The latest updates included .NET 1.1 fixes. How about .NET 1.1 sp1?
    ... If you want to continue to use the unsupported SP1 version of .NET Framework ... Note- you may have to up the rev on the SP1 components every time there is another security update to .NET 1.1 or ASP.NET 1.1 if you still want to use the .NET 1.1 SP1 versions. ... but they are marked as having an upgrade available. ... MATERIAL and is thus for use only by the intended recipient. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: When Will W2K3 SP1 / fpse work?
    ... Microsoft Product Support Services: ... security update, then there is usually no charge for the call. ... My question was: I have SP1 removed.... ... Logs, not in Event log, ...) ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.extensions.windowsnt)
  • Re: Security Update for JPEG Processing (GDI+) - Im a little confused.
    ... > Installed the September 2004 Security Update for JPEG Processing ... > It said I had applications which were affected. ... Buffer Overrun in JPEG Processing Could Allow Code Execution ... -- torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Security Update confusion
    ... applicable for Windows Server 2003 SP1" ... superseding 898060 and 893066. ... I am planning on upgrading our Exchange Server 2003 SP1 in a few weeks ... Note Security update 913446 supersedes this ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Internet Explorer 6 SP1 download?
    ... How to Download Internet Explorer 6 SP1: ... IE SP1 - How to Install ... Security Update Replacement: This bulletin replaces MS03-014: Cumulative ...