RE: SUS - Missing KB873374 (GDI+ Detection Tool)??

From: Carpadum (Carpadum_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/16/04

Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 07:23:04 -0700

We are having the same problem. If you look in the Sync log, you will see
that the update was removed last night. Not sure why this has happened.
MS...please provide us with some details on this.

"Tony" wrote:

> We use the latest version of SUS. I approved the KB873374
> update yesterday. I was receiving many complaints from
> users about the dialog ("The software tool did not detect
> any Microsoft Office, Microsoft Picture It!, or
> Microsoft .NET framework software on your computer that
> is vulnerable to the GDI+ Graphics Component security
> vulnerability") so I went into SUS to unapprove it.
> Unfortunately I cannot find the update listed anywhere!
> Has anyone else had this problem?

Relevant Pages

  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #176
    ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... Microsoft Windows XP HCP URI Handler Arbitrary Command Execu... ... PHPNuke Category Parameter SQL Injection Vulnerability ... Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer Vulnerability Identific... ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #83
    ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... Microsoft IIS CodeBrws.ASP Source Code Disclosure Vulnerability ... Microsoft Internet Explorer History List Script Injection ... Microsoft Windows 2000 Lanman Denial of Service Vulnerability ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #81
    ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... WWWIsis Remote Command Execution Vulnerability ... Windows NT 4.0 Print Spooler Security ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #336
    ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... Microsoft Windows Unspecified Remote Code Execution Vulnerability ... Microsoft Windows Explorer BMP Image Denial of Service Vulnerability ... An attacker could leverage this issue to have arbitrary code execute with kernel level privileges. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #185
    ... NEW MICROSOFT VULNERABILITIES - Audit Your Network Security ... SurgeLDAP User.CGI Directory Traversal Vulnerability ... Microsoft Windows H.323 Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability ... Microsoft Jet Database Engine Remote Code Execution Vulnerab... ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)